
I've been thinking of masks and bubbles. How we each live our little life-bubbles, putting on the masks we assume and present to the world. I do this. I'm willing to bet that you do it. And I accept people's masks inside their little bubbles as the whole extent of them. But that's erroneous. It's not them. It's their mask I'm seeing. Inside the context of their bubble. I wonder if everyone, if they think about it long enough, wonders the same thing I wonder: When you look at me, do you see me at all? But if I'm only wearing masks, how can you? Is it possible to really know another person?
"What do you see
When you're looking at me?
Who will you find
As you traipse through my mind?
Do you like the art
Produced in my heart?
Who is it that you see
When you look at me?"
No comments:
Post a Comment