I road-tripped to LA this weekend for the long-anticipated wedding of my super-uber-cool friends, Tom and Caitlyn. I met these two back in the very, very early days of their courtship (actually, it was pre-courtship... I had a sleepover on the roof of the house in Maroc with Caitlyn and we talked about how she liked Tom but wasn't sure what was going to happen...!). It was so fun and special to witness the culmination of all their energies into their long-distance, cross-cultural romance, and the commencement of their life as One... God is GOOD and romantic and creative beyond my imagination, I'm convinced!
I also got some wonderful time with my fantastic and fun cousins in the Central Valley. My very cool ENFP cuz, Kelly, kindly let me crash in her spare room/office for 3 nights rather impromptu. In addition, some long-time family friends that I haven't seen in over 10 years also welcomed me to their home for lunch (and their daughter and son-in-law for night #1 of my adventures with Poppy). I just love, love, LOVE going to see people! How cool is it that all these people want to be my friend and put up with me?! I'm so blown away by how generous God is to me through other people!
Lastly, I have to copy over these lyrics because they floor me every time I hear them. My car has a horrible time picking up radio reception, but as I was driving north through about Medford I managed to hear this whole song in perfect clarity. It was just what I needed as I sorted through various emotions and thoughts in isolation on my 15+ hour drive today...
"Let the Water's Rise" by Mikeschair
"I don't know where to begin,
It's like my world's caving in,
And I've tried but I can't control my fears.
Where do I go from here?
Sometimes it's so hard to pray,
You feel so far away,
I am willing to go where you want me to,
God, I trust You.
There's a raging sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise, if You want them to,
I will follow You, I will follow You.
I will swim in the deep,
Cuz you'll be next to me
You're in the eye of the storm
And the calm of the sea
You're never out of reach.
God, You know where I've been
You were there with me
You've been faithful before
You'll be faithful again
I'm holding Your hand
There's a raging sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise, if You want them to,
I will follow You, I will follow You.
God, Your love is enough,
You will pull me through,
I'm holding you.
God, your love is enough,
I will follow You, I will follow You.
There's a raging sea right in front of me
Wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise, if You want them to,
I will follow You, I will follow You."
This is my prayer tonight, Jesus. I love you. I don't understand the "why's" of life, but I am resting in You, the WHO that controls all the storms and seas of life. Lord, break my heart and make it like Your own. I want You to be my sustenance, my treasure, my delight, my comfort, my identity, my companion. Thank you for being relational, my Love, and seeking me and my heart. I want to follow You... Anywhere... Everywhere... As long as I'm WITH You!
No comments:
Post a Comment