
I know I've mentioned The Civil Wars and Joy Williams and Tenth Avenue North several times, but I might have to start making room in my music-musing blogs for another group: Needtobreathe. I don't know how long they've been around - I don't really care - I'm just pretty sure I'm pretty crazy about them!
Their album "The Outsiders" ranges from the inspiring "Let us Love" to the pensive "Something Beautiful," from the multiplexed "What You've Done to Me" to the intense "These Hard Times," and even makes room to include the realistically depressing "Stones Under Rushing Water." I thought that collection was pretty amazing, and then I bought an older album of theirs, "The Heat." I haven't listened to it too thoroughly, but I'm certainly finding "Again" to be emotionally evocative, and enjoying their version of the worshipful "Signature of the Divine (Yahweh)."
Needtobreathe is a group that manages to exemplify the human experience through their versatile collection of raw, real-life-related music. And... the harmonica is an extra bonus!
1 comment:
Love them! Some of my favorites: "Valley of Tomorrow" and "Over Now".
Also, those photos on my blog are from an event called 'Outstanding in the Field'. It's a traveling bus that goes all over and sets up these amazing dinners in these beautiful settings with local produce, chefs, meats, wine... Next time they are in Portland, I AM going. (It's expensive though). www.outstandinginthefield.com
Aaalso, I'll be in Longview on Friday night til Saturday AM. Any chance I might get to see you??
Post a Comment