I saw a bear (from my car, but it was on my running route - whoa!).
I saw a guy mowing today when I went to school... and 5 hours later when I was leaving school, he was still mowing.
DUDE, A COW JUST WALKED PAST MY WINDOW AND IT SCARED ME!
We had a fabulous storm last night - ahh, I'm such a girl. I wore a dress yesterday because it was hot (and I like dresses!), and when the wind started to pick up, I seriously could have just stood on the top of a hill feeling the wind rush past me, blowing my skirt akilter and my hair crazy. There's nothing like that sensation. It's amazing to feel one's complete powerlessness in a windstorm. Then I had to drag a tree off the road on my way home because poor lil' Poppy isn't big enough to just rawwwwr over the top of it. That's OK, I felt like a dichotomy - feminine and capable. Why is it that seems like a paradox in my mind?
I'm about to walk out the door to watch my little sister graduate from high school. Three years ago this weekend I did the same thing. Weird. It feels like an eternity ago, and yet not so far removed at the same time.
Between weddings, graduations, gradution parties, family visiting, and all the wonderful sunny weather, I'm completely not in the school mode any more. I enjoy my classes, but I find it hard to take them seriously. I like how a class seems to "jell" after a couple weeks though, which is when I most enjoy school. Two of my classes have definitely "jelled." My Bible as Lit class doesn't hardly feel like school anymore, it's more like socializing and discussing around a central topic. Although I wish one of the guys would stop feeling quite so "jelled" toward me in particular...
Why is that? I had a conversation recently about how some people spend all their time trying to figure out how to say "no" to the opposite sex nicely. And some people try to constantly get the opposite sex to notice them. I feel like in the secular circles, I'm frequently trying to keep men at arm's length, and in the church circles, there just aren't even any men available! How odd.
People are so freakin' interesting! My friend Amber and I were talking today about how we like to just sit back and watch people - look at how they interact, look at what they wore, how they present themselves, how they gesture, how they tilt their head, how they smile, how they move their eyes, how they walk, how they stand, etc. Dark glasses... They're the #1 people-watching tool!
No comments:
Post a Comment