It's been a process getting here - for the first time in my life I was rejected from crossing a border (Northern Ireland was close... but I still got in!). We made it all the way to the Mexican border and didn't have the proper paperwork for crossing. Bummer. Back to San Antonio!
But we did make it... hours of driving, hours of sitting, hours of talking, hours of reading, hours of standing in line... but we're here! I'm sitting at the largest private home table I've ever seen, surrounded by the lilting accents of my Mexican hosts speaking English to us USers, watching them laugh and reunite, and sitting back to enjoy the feast of Italian foods. What a blessing!
We're off to the hill country tomorrow to do dental work and build relationships and "have an adventure" (which is, of course, my favorite pastime...). We'll try our best to avoid any and all cross-shooting between warring drug gangs, while still living life on the edge (as safely as possible, though, Mom!)
Thanks for your prayers!
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is." - Albert Camus
Labels
Rome
Heather
Home
School
Vacation
Family
God
Italy
India
Friends
Holiday
Niger
Photos
Awkward Moments
Love
Switzerland
Dating
Music
Pictures
Traveling
Germany
Running
Scotland
Snow
Bible
Cali
Movies
Road trip
Thankfulness
baking
prayers
rest
Adventures
America
Boys
Challenges
Everett
Farm
Meditation Verse
Phil Wickam
Shopping
Sick
Student Government
Survey
Wise words
memories
poems
the beach
No comments:
Post a Comment