Wednesday, January 21, 2009

i'm bad at this...


I've been reading blogs tonight in effort to put off homework (it's been very successful so far!), and I get great delight out of skimming through short blogs. Mine are ridiculously long! Which has just got to change.

Tonight I had dinner with a dear couple. Last night I had dinner with a dear couple. This afternoon I talked to a woman in the bathrooms about last year. I look back on my time in Rome with joy and thankfulness and pleasure. Sometimes I don't always look at my "todays" that way when I'm in the thick of them, but when I step back and consider all the ways I am blessed on a daily basis here, now, I know a year from now I will be pondering these days and thinking how great they were.

Thank you, Lord, for friends. Thank you for honest conversations, for ears that listen as I strip my soul bare and reveal my struggles and how You are helping me overcome. Thank you for starry nights and quiet drives in my radio-less Geo, and thank you for the hope for tomorrow and the faithfulness of yesterday.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Dani, I must say that I love your long blogs. :)