
I had my interview with the Peace Corps last Friday. I felt like it went well. It's an interesting thing to me to consider making this kind of committment, but so far, I've remained fairly lucid about it. I am really believing that God is going to make it clear whether I should follow this route or not.
The interview, I figured, may play a part in it. If I'd walked out of the interview thinking, "Uh, what just happened?! That was crazy... in a not so good way!" I would have taken that as a red flag. But I didn't. I was calm going into it. I was calm throughout it. I was calm as I left. I didn't find myself saying, "YES! This is exactly what I've always dreamed up!" But it did feel like, "Hm, OK, I can see how this might be a good fit."
Since I leave Saturday for 2 weeks, my PC contact said she'd get back to me this week to let me know. I just got off the phone with her. I accepted her official nomination to a program in Sub-Sahara Africa, working with an English teacher training program. My application will now proceed to the next step, which is the medical examination step, and then go from there to the official placement department.
I'm not quite sure how I feel. Actually, I am - I feel relieved that I'm going to be leaving the country and will have extensive travel time to think, process, and pray about this. Now that it's (possibly, maybe, perhaps) taking more of a realistic form, I'm finding it difficult at the moment to remain calm. Do I really want to do this? Is this really the best place for me? Should I be considering other options besides just the Peace Corps? How will I change? How will my relationships change? Am I comfortable with the possiblity of those changes? Can I walk away from here and not look back with regret? Could I not do the Peace Corps and not look back with regret? Why am I so worried about being motivated by regret anyhow?
Deep breathes. And many prayers. Help Lord!
1 comment:
This is so exciting Dani!
Post a Comment