
Historically, September 30th has been a bad day of the year for me. I even contemplated changing it (in my own personal calendar) to February 29th, just because February 29th gets the short end of the stick three out of four years. It only seems fair to balance that out for at least the rest of my lifetime. But, then I decided I'd try to find something positive about September 30th to focus on: I started sponsoring a child. Her name is Inessa. She lives in the poorest country in the world. She was born on September 30th. That seems reason enough to celebrate the day!
This year wasn't so bad, though! I'm mentally congratulating myself that nobody I know committed suicide yesterday, I didn't get broken up with, I didn't lose any friends, and nothing else tramatically life altering happened either. I think this might be progress! Instead, I had a great day in my classes (I'm so falling in love with my students - happens every quarter. Even when they track me down like a fugitive all over campus because a paper is due the next day...), I made a pasta feast with a friend for lunch, I watched my little sister play soccer in the beautiful sunshine, had dinner with the fam (although it was my absolute LEAST favorite food - potato soup gags me - but the salad and rolls were tasty!), and then built myself a bonfire and sat in it's warm glow watching the millions of stars in the sky.
There was no crying involved this year at all, whatsoever! Which means that maybe October won't be a bad month this year either! Oh, the possibility! The Fall used to be my favorite time of year, prior to the establishment of the track record. Maybe it'll get a chance to redeem itself!
1 comment:
Oh Dani, what a great post! And, what a blessing that this September 30th was a beautiful blessing for you and those you contact! I love ya, Tracy
Post a Comment